I am an interdisciplinary social scientist and community-engaged scholar with a background in human geography (PhD, 2016, University of Kansas) and urban studies (MUS, 2008, Portland State University). I have diverse interests that include, but are not limited to:
- people-place relationships and human-environment interactions (e.g., sense of place, attachment, identity, meaning, place-based behaviors, toponymy);
- community well-being, health, and development;
- justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion (e.g., landscape in/justice);
- human dimensions of fisheries, wildlife, natural resource, and shoreline management;
- built-natural environment interactions (e.g., infrastructure);
- governance, public policy, and power (e.g., environmental, urban, transboundary, and regional); and
- theory and methods (e.g. community-based participatory research).
On this site, you will find my publications (with links), information about my current work, and media. If you are interested in my research or work, please contact me at: David.Trimbach@dfw.wa.gov.
Orcid ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1402-4137
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=o9gevxEAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
Eesti Teadusinfosüsteem [Estonian Research Information System]: https://www.etis.ee/Portal/Persons/Display/053c01b9-10b8-444f-8c2f-2e454ecd92ad?tabId=CV_ENG&lang=ENG